Indoor Car Cover Fabrics
Indoor car covers are designed to help keep your car clean and protected from dust and mishaps in the garage. It might seem as through all indoor car cover materials are basically the same, but their are many differences. The purpose of this page is to help you learn which fabric is best for you and your car.
The Dustop car cover fabric is made in the USA by Kimberly-Clark exclusively for Covercraft. It’s a soft, flannel-like fabric constructed using 4-layers of non-woven, composite material. Kimberly-Clark uses an ultrasonic lamination process to create a high degree of dust protection for indoor car storage.
The fabric is soft and breathable for superior protection of any fine paint finish. A Dustop car cover delivers maximum dust protection with a super light fabric.
Some of the nice features include:
- Soft But Strong Outer Layers – The two top layers of the Dustop car cover are constructed from a composite of polypropylene and polyethylene. These layers take advantage of the best features of both polymers: the superior softness of polyethylene, with the incredible strength and sure stability of polypropylene.
- Dust Barrier – A melt-blown polypropylene layer provides an effective barrier against dust and pollution. Compared to traditional woven, single-layer fabric, the multi-layer construction of a Dustop car cover offers substantially better dust protection.
- Softest, Paint Pampering Inner Layer – The inner-layer’s high-loft blend of polypropylene and polyethylene protects and pampers even the most delicate vehicle finish. The material is baby diaper soft, because it comes from the number one name in baby diapers.
- Color Choices – The Dustop car cover is available in Taupe.
Nicely crafted with the car enthusiast in mind, the Tan Flannel car cover fabric is super soft to caresses your car’s paint. Although designed primarily for indoor use, this car cover is constructed using a poly-cotton blend that’s suitable for occasional outdoor use.
Some Flannel features include:
- Flannel Underside with a Soft, napped finish.
- Long Wearing for years or reliable use.
- Over 50% heavier than entry level car cover fabrics.
- Breathable to allow moisture to heat the escape.
- Semi water-resistant and factory treated for moisture repellency.
- Treated to resist rot and mildew.
- Available in Tan only.
Covercraft’s Form-Fit car cover fabric offers a snug fit and an ultra-soft inside to pamper your vehicle’s fine paint finish. A Form-Fit car cover is designed for long periods of use. It’s the next best thing to putting your car in a hermetically sealed bubble.
The secret to the gentle touch is the 100% cotton terry loop fibers that are sheared to a fleece-like finish. The fabric has an amazing feel and quality appearance. Plus, a Form-Fit car cover is heavy enough to provide reasonable ding and scratch protection for your vehicle.
The outer finish is a blended weave of polyester and Lycra (Spandex®). This is what gives Form-Fit its superior stretch and memory. The stretch offers the body-hugging fit while the memory holds the shape.
Every Form Fit car cover has a 4-year warranty to backup the quality of the material. Form Fit car covers are available Red, Black, Silver Gray, Charcoal Gray, Blue or Green.
Read up on more car cover information here!