A "Car Owner's Guide" might seem to be a little out of place on a site that's all about detailing your car, but we think they go hand-in-hand. People who take good care of their vehicle's appearance are good car owners. The topics we have here will make you a wiser car owner.
For most people an automobile is the largest consumer purchase they will make. It's a necessity -- often a luxury -- that's used almost daily for seven or more years until the next vehicle purchase. The cost of owning a car, truck or SUV makes proper car essential, or the value of the investment will degrade rapidly.
In this section you will find articles related to car ownership. While car detailing helps you protect the exterior and interior finishes and keeps you car looking nice, good car ownership habits will help you protect you vehicles in other ways. Here's what you'll find:
- Do You Need an Indoor Car Cover for Your Vehicle? This article explains how an interior car cover can help you protect your vehicle while it's stored in the garage. This is ideal for occasional use vehicles, including high value sports cars, classic cars, hot rods and restored antique vehicles.
- Preparing Your Used Car For Selling. Eventually you will want to sell your vehicle so you can purchase a new car. Rather than waiting for that day to come, why not plan for it in advance? By taking a few simple steps, you can be ready to sell you used car without a lot of work or expense. This article tells you how.
- How-to Prevent Car Theft. One of the worst feelings you will ever have is parking your car out in public, then coming back later to discover that it's gone. This is a crime that affects all of us, and prevention is pretty simple. Don't become an insurance industry statistic. Protect your vehicle from theft with these simple steps.
- How-to Prevent Car Damage. Let's face it, taking your car out of the garage is dangerous. The second your rubber meets to road you are at the mercy of other drivers, the sun, the environment, and more. Come discover what you can do to protect your car from the most common hazards. It's easier than you might think.
- Making Your Car Last Longer. During this period of recession it's important to make our vehicle's last as long as possible. Just think about how much money you can save if you can make your car last ten years instead of the typical seven.
- Defensive Driving. Years ago I got pulled over by California's finest. After a brief discussion with the judge we agreed that a little levity was in order, so off I went to comedy driving school. I have to admit, it was worth it. Find out what I learned and why I have not received paying paper since.
Automobile Maintenance & Repairs
You might also enjoy our latest topic area called Auto Maintenance & Repairs.