A “Car Owner’s Guide” may seem a little out of place on a site that’s all about detailing your car. But they actually go hand-in-hand. People who take care of their vehicle’s appearance also tend to be good car owners.
For most people an automobile is the largest consumer purchase they will make. It’s a necessity — often a luxury — that’s used almost daily for seven or more years until the next vehicle purchase.
Consider that the cost of owning a car, truck or SUV makes proper car essential. Otherwise, the value of your investment will degrade rapidly.
This section contains articles related to car ownership. While detailing helps protect the exterior and interior finishes and keeps you car looking nice, good car ownership habits will help you protect your vehicle in other ways.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Do You Need an Indoor Car Cover for Your Vehicle? An interior car cover can protect your vehicle while it’s stored in the garage. This is ideal for occasional use vehicles, including high value sports cars, classic cars, hot rods and restored antique vehicles.
- Preparing Your Used Car For Selling. Eventually you’ll sell your vehicle so you can purchase a new car. Plan for that day in advance by taking a few simple steps. You’ll be ready to sell your used car without a lot of work or expense. This article explains how.
- How-to Prevent Car Theft. One of the worst feelings is parking your car out in public, then coming back later to discover that it’s gone! Don’t become an insurance industry statistic. Protect your vehicle from theft with these simple preventative steps.
- How-to Prevent Car Damage. The second your rubber meets to road you are at the mercy of other drivers, the sun, the environment and more. Discover what you can do to protect your car from the most common hazards. It’s easier than you might think.
- Making Your Car Last Longer. It’s important to make your vehicle last as long as possible. Just think about how much money you can save if you can make your car last ten years instead of the typical seven.
- Defensive Driving. Years ago I got pulled over by California’s finest. After a discussion with the judge we agreed to driving school. I have to admit, it was worth it. Find out what I learned and why I haven’t received paying paper since.
Automobile Maintenance & Repairs
You may also enjoy our latest topic area called Auto Collision & Body Shop Repairs!