If you want to learn how to detail a car in preparation for the summer of 2015 – then you’re in the right place. This page is the starting point and provides the basics on car cleaning and automotive finish care.
Detailing your own car is not at all difficult, and many find it rewarding to do it themselves. To do the job right, you need to use the correct car detailing supplies and car wax supplies. By understanding the tools, products and methods, you can detail your car faster and with better results.
- Car Detailing Introduction – Many people mistake car washing with car detailing. This Car Detailing Introduction provides an overview of car detailing and how it is different that a simple wash or wax job on your car.
- Car Detailing Supplies & Chemicals – As we all know, to do any job well you must have the right tools. In car detailing, the right tool often means the right chemical. In Car Detailing Supplies & Chemicals you will discover the basics of the cleaners, polishes and protectants needed to properly detail a car.
- Car Washing and Drying – If there is a single maintenance activity that offers the biggest benefit to your car’s appearance, it’s keeping it clean. In Car Washing and Drying you will learn the correct way to wash and dry a vehicle and discover how selecting the wrong products can do more harm than good.
- Clay Bar Detailing – When dirt, crud, overspray and pollution get a solid grip on your car’s paint, washing alone will not be enough to make it clean. In Clay Bar Detailing you will discover how safe and easy it is to clean, shine and make your car’s paint slick again.
The term car polishing describes many different tasks in car detailing. As a result, it is often confusing and misunderstood. In Car Polishing I break it all down to give you a better understanding of when polishing is necessary and the tools, products and techniques needed to do the job right. See Paint Repair Clinic for our various car polishing articles.
- How-To Wax a Car – Waxing your car protects the paint finish from a hostile environment. Waxing also makes your car, new or old, look better. In How-To Wax a Car, you will learn how to do it the right way.
- Car Interior Cleaning – After reading Car Interior Cleaning you’ll know how to keep the inside of your car looking good without a lot of work. It is not necessary to fully detail the inside of your car each time you wash it.
- Cleaning Car Windows – Cleaning your windows is one of the most tedious tasks you will face, but it is definitely worth doing. Come discover how to do it the fast, easy way.
- Detailing and Treating Trim – Over time, car trim that is not maintained will become dirty, dull and worn, making your whole car look bad. In Detailing and Treating Trim you’ll learn how to keep your car’s trim looking great, or restore trim that’s a little under the weather.
- Maintaining Your Convertible Top – Unlike coupes or sedans, soft top convertibles have special requirements. Where the convertible’s fully enclosed brethren sport steel and glass, the soft top convertible has canvas and vinyl. In Maintaining Your Convertible Top you will learn how to properly car for your car’s soft top for years of beauty and top down driving.
Other Car Detailing Topics
- Show Car Detailing – Are you a car fanatic? Are you obsessed with how your car looks? That makes you our kind of car guy.
- Finish Repair – This section on finish and damage repair topics is our most visited.
- Detailing Guides – Our detailing guides offer in-depth information to help you make the best decisions for you and your car.